UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen, Live April 27
Order UFC 159 to be entered for a chance to win Cox’s Ultimate Fan Sweepstakes
COX ULTIMATE FAN OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Entry. To enter the Cox Ultimate Fan (the "Sweepstakes"):
- (a) With a purchase: Order the fight UFC 159 by April 27, 2013 and you will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes.
- (b) By mail without a purchase: Mail a 3x5 card with name, address, age, daytime telephone number and signature to: Cox Ultimate Fan Sweepstakes, c/o Cox Communications, Inc., 1400 Lake Hearn Drive, Atlanta, GA, 30319, Attn: Marketing Dept.
Your submission of an entry certifies that you satisfy all eligibility requirements and have read and complied with all of the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes and agree to be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor and Sweepstakes judges. Limit to one entry during the Sweepstakes Period regardless of method of entry.
All entries must be handwritten and legible or individually typed. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically-reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled or illegible entries will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor.
All entries become property of the Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion, and Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determine to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
3. Sweepstakes Period. Entries will be accepted from April 10, 2013 08:00am ET through April 27, 2013 11:59pm ET (the "Sweepstakes Period"). All mail-in entries must be postmarked on April 27, 2013 and received no later than May 4, 2013.
4. Eligibility Requirements. Subject to conditions below, the Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of a Cox Communications Service Area, who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. To find out if you reside in a Cox Communications Service Area, log onto www.cox.com and enter your zip code. The following persons are not eligible to win Prizes or otherwise participate in this Sweepstakes: employees of Sponsor, its respective affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, the immediate family members of all such employees and all others with whom they are domiciled.
5. Prize. Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip for two (2) to Las Vegas, Nevada, round-trip coach class air transportation for winner and up to one (1) guest from airport near winner's place of residence to Las Vegas, Nevada
(depart November 21, 2013 and return November 24, 2013); two (2) tickets to the Ultimate Fighter Finale on Saturday, November 23, 2013 (venue determined by Prize Provider in its sole discretion); three (3) nights deluxe hotel accommodations (hotel to be selected at the sole discretion of Prize Provider; based on double occupancy, excluding meals, room service or other incidentals); ground transportation in Las Vegas, Nevada for scheduled activities from November 23, 2013-November 24, 2013; Access to two (2) live weigh-ins on Friday, November 22, 2013 (location to be determined by Prize Provider) and welcome dinner reception on November 21, 2013 with an estimated retail value of trip $3,750, (the "Trip"). All meals, taxes, gratuities and other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. A Grand Prize Winner living in Las Vegas, Nevada or within 150-mile radius of Las Vegas will enjoy roundtrip private car service from their residence to the hotel in lieu of roundtrip airfare with a total estimated retail value of $300.00 (three hundred dollars) from Las Vegas. In addition, Grand Prize winner will also receive a free UFC fight party at their home for UFC 160 on May 25, 2013 including four hundred ($400) dollars in premiums for party including shirts, hats, balloons, UFC gloves, table cloths and window clings as well as six hundred ($600) Visa gift card to order food and non-alcoholic drinks for the party with an estimated retail value of $1000.00 ("the Fight Party"). Grand Prize winner will also receive UFC 160 for free. Customer to receive credit on bill for UFC 160 post-event in the amount of $54.99 if fight is purchased in HD, and $44.99 if fight is purchased in SD. One billing cycle will need to take place before customer account is credited. Non Cox customers in lieu of account credit will receive a Visa Gift Card in the amount of the PPV Fight $54.99. The total estimated retail value of all prizes $4,805.00 (the "Grand Prize").
A Winner may waive the right to receive a Prize. No substitutions or cash equivalents allowed, except that all Prizes are subject to availability and Cox Communications may substitute a Prize or Prize component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a Prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a Prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the Prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor. The Prize is nontransferable and non-assignable.
6. Selection of Winner; Winner Notification. One (1) provisional winner will be chosen at random on or before May 13, 2013 by Cox Communications from among all eligible entries pooled together and received during the Sweepstakes Period. Cox Communications will attempt to notify the provisional winner by telephone within twenty-four (24) hours of the drawing. No messages will be left at the telephone number(s) given by provisional winners, and any calls returned by provisional winners via caller identification or similar technology will not be accepted. In order to claim a Prize, a provisional winner must respond to Cox Communications notification within 24 hours of notice or attempted notice. If the provisional winner is contacted and notified in person within such 24 hour period and complies with these Official Rules, he/she will be declared the official winner ("Winner"). If the provisional winner is not reached and notified in person by telephone within twenty-four (24) hours of the drawing, or does not comply with these Official
Rules, he/she may be disqualified and Cox Communications may select a substitute provisional winner at random from among all remaining eligible entries. Cox Communications will conduct up to 10 alternate drawings, after which the Prize will remain unawarded.
Except where prohibited, acceptance of any Prize constitutes the Winner's irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and their licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation.
7. Odds. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
8. Winner's Responsibility. Winner must accept Prize within 2 days of notification that he/she has been declared the Winner. Failure to accept and take delivery of the Prize within this time period will result in forfeiture of all rights and interest in the Prize. Awarding of a Prize may require the Winner to sign an affidavit of eligibility, and liability/publicity release ("Release"), which must be executed and returned within ten (10) days of sender's postmark and/or provide proof of residency. Failure to timely execute and return this Release may result in disqualification of Winner and the forfeiture of his or her interest in the Prize and the selection of a substitute provisional winner.
9. Winner List. For name of Official Winner (available after May 22, 2013) and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to "Winner's List"/"Official Rules" Cox Ultimate Fan Sweepstakes, c/o Cox Communications, Inc., 1400 Lake Hearn Drive, Atlanta, GA 30319, Attn: Marketing Dept.
10. General Participation Rules. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges or Sweepstakes administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserve the right in their sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserve the right to award Prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
11. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, COX COMMUNICATIONS, INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY'S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASED PARTIES") FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
12. Limitations of Liability. By PARTICIPATING IN the Sweepstakes, PARTICIPANTs acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE prize(S), ARE provided "as is" and that the Sponsor make no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and the Sponsor hereby DISCLAIM all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY PARTICIPANTS, PRINTING OR PRODUCTION ERRORS, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR EMPLOYED IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE SWEEPSTAKES; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, OR THE NOTIFICATION OF ANY PROVISIONAL WINNER; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM A PARTICIPANT'S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserve the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
13. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
14. Disputes. As a condition of entering, participant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Georgia.
15. Sponsor. Sweepstakes sponsor is Cox Communications, Inc., 1400 Lake Hearn Drive, Atlanta, GA 30319 ("Sponsor").